Qlik Catalog: See all your enterprise data in
Let everyone from your organization browse and ‘shop’ for any of your enterprise data
with Google-like experience. Even in a complex environment with multiple data sources,
isolated silos and different file formats. And visualize it in ANY analytical tool.
Enable analytics across your enterprise with trusted, business-ready data
Now you can easily simplify and accelerates the cataloging, management, preparation, and delivery of business-ready data for agile analytics. Qlik Catalog (formerly Data Catalyst) builds a secure, enterprise-scale catalog of all the data your organization has available for analytics, no matter where it is. Powerful, automated data preparation and metadata tools streamline the transformation of raw data into analytics-ready information assets. Business users get a single, go-to data marketplace to find, understand, and use any enterprise data source to gain insights.
Meet Qlik Catalog - All you need to know in 162 seconds
Actionable Data, On-Demand
Qlik Catalog makes business-ready data available, on-demand, to Qlik Sense users through its Smart Data Catalog. Enterprise assets, including QVD files, are clearly described with quality, operational, and usage metrics as well as business and technical metadata, including lineage and other user-defined properties. With a touch of a button, users can search for the data that they need, add data assets to their cart and publish to Qlik Sense or other analytics platforms. This role-based, secure shopping experience enables quick, easy access to data that people need while ensuring that sensitive data is protected.
From Raw to Ready
Let’s face it. Data is messy. When we finally find the data that we need, it may have records of suspect quality and often it is difficult to match across data sets because of differing standards for things as simple as country codes and date format. Qlik Catalog offers comprehensive data profiling to help analytics users understand the nature of data, a quarantine capability to isolate problematic data records, and a Prepare module to help execute transformations including standardization, joins, and aggregations. This process helps move data from raw to ready in a simple, self-service interaction that creates highly reusable data assets for the analytics community.
Smooth data conversion
Do you have data in mainframe, XML, JSON or others and would like to convert it to modern formats? Well, that is often a problem. Lots of different table structures, with complex hierarchy relations in different file types… So how can you make this fast queriable data? We have developed a framework that allows users, usually data ops, to very quickly and easily map out these data and convert it into the standardized table structures that we are looking for.
Enterprise ready. An agile, secure, and governed environment
Built on the principles of hardened data security and strong governance, Qlik Catalog delivers enterprise-grade scalability, reliability, and performance. It’s compliant with common industry standards and protocols (ex. LDAP, Parquet, Avro), so it easily integrates with other data management tools. Qlik Catalog facilitates the capture, enforcement, and monitoring of data access policies throughout the data lifecycle. It also tracks data usage. With Qlik Catalog, enterprises can automatically identify and manage sensitive information, such as Personally Identifiable Information (PII), using customizable rules-based pattern matching. And all data can be encrypted at rest.
Qlik Catalog. Solution for true INNOVATORS in a nutshell
- Significantly lower costs on data preparation
- Faster data preparation – shift from ETL to modern, swifter approach in data preparation and data delivery
- Superfast resolution of data delivery requests. Decrease time from months to days.
- Significant time and money savings on customer data requests, no legacy systems and customs code
- Centralized ingestions of application, web logs, and 3rd party data into various environments
- Tracking and labelling GDPR/PII data enabled cloud usage
- Standardized access to data option – all users are access data via particular tool (e.g. Qlik or other).
- It brings one version of truth and no need for complex access management
- All the data on one place, consolidated from all the systems
- Streamlining of systems updates
- Self-service, agile analytics – business users have access to arbitrary data without support of IT
- Data are available for discovery sheer workforce – cross department, functions, branches, entities…
- Orchestrating the distribution of the data to legitimate users
- You do not even have to know what you are looking for. Type keywords in Google-like search and discover
- Business data are available immediately and in governed and secure environment
- Qlik Catalog enables you to spend more time using data and less time trying to figure it out
- Single source of truth. Data is distributed in several isolated systems and QDC represent a place, where it is integrated to valuable information
- GDPR relevant information are always up to date – e.g. you will not send a mailing to a person who unsubscribed from the mailings just two hours ago
Modern data management built for the enterprise
Qlik Catalog runs on top of modern data stores and computing platforms like Hadoop®, AWS®, Azure®, and Google® Cloud to deliver trustworthy, actionable enterprise data. Robust data management services, including security, data governance, and metadata management provide a complete data-as-a-service platform.