- Total Profit / Loss by percentage/absolute number – adjusting the plan by adding the actual year growth percentage, decreasing percentage or adding the absolute value we expect directly into the app
- Automatic recalculation of all depending values without any further activity
- Budgeting is being performed on individual lines of managerial PnL
- Quick and smooth process of the final confirmation and allocation
- Locking the particular version of the plan and notification of people who will proceed with planning later via email.
EMARK Planning Solutions
How we transform planning workflows to no-pain business critical processes
Why we help with planning
High-quality financial planning and analysis can improve decision outcomes by up to 1 % of sales.
Only 3 % of companies have strategic, operational and financial planning processes that are fully aligned and integrated.
Source: Gartner (Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) Transformation
EMARK Online DataTalksOn-demand webinar: “How to escape Excel hell while planning, budgeting & forecasting?”
Secret sauce? No, the key is…
Technologies and techniques
Using math and statistics to pre-calculate values to switch from “input” to “accept or adjust” planning process.
We utilize naïve methods (e.g. rolling averages), through simple statistics (e.g. regression, correlation), to machine learning (ARIMA, Prophet) depending on ROI.
Experience with data and workflows
Ability to connect any structured data from source DBs, DWH, REST API, xml, spreadsheets…
And external data like weather, commodity prices, demographics, mobility …
And unstructured data with Mole UDC.
Then process it any way necessary. Most of our solutions have 1000s of lines of data processing scripts which we create in days, not months.
Typical planning use cases & solutions
Profitability Top-down planning
Adjusting the plan within a particular hierarchy
- Showing the financial planning on managerial levels of PnL with already calculated in particular periods
- Focus on operation expenses for particular divisions
- Changing the absolute value directly in the app (write-back feature) and subsequent automatic recalculation through whole period or plan. Change is logged and audited.
- Adding or removing an absolute or percentage value directly in the app
- Option to adjust all the lines necessary with percentage or absolute value via write-back functionality
Adjustment of the annual plan
- Flexibility of the app to set up different scenarios and needs of the planners
- Tailoring the annual plan values accordingly to the nature of the plan or business logic of the particular company
- Average calculations adjustments – switching flat, base or seasonality when historical figures are not reliable enough
Our referencies in Slovakia and Czechia
- Global Business Planning for a renowned technology company with HQ in Slovakia
- Finance, Sales, and HR Budgeting – Leading employee benefits provider in Slovakia
- PnL budget and forecast versions for 5+ companies in CEE production company
- Sales plan top-down leveling for hi-tech devices producer and distributor with HQ in Czechia
- PnL budget versions – Czech production company with global distribution
- Stock level planning – leading healthcare retail & wholesale company in Czechia
Our referencies Europe and ANZ
Weekly production forecasting / balancing – production company in Ireland
Stock level optimization – Warehouse management software company in Germany
Sales budgeting – retail chain in Australia
Sales budgeting – leading manufacturer and supplier of steel rolls – Australia